Mission, Beliefs, and Values
Cristo Rey Atlanta Jesuit High School is a Catholic learning community that educates young people of limited economic means, of any faith or creed, to become men and women for and with others. Through a rigorous college preparatory curriculum, integrated with a relevant work study experience, students graduate prepared for college and life.
Our school community believes that:
- The human person is created to praise, revere, and serve God
- Cura personalis, or care of the individual person, is essential
- Quality education should be accessible to all, regardless of economic means
- All our students are capable of success
- Our faith promotes justice
- Excellence is intentional
- Helping make Catholic education accessible to all
- Forming students of competence, conscience, courage, and compassion
- Human excellence and life-long learning
- Creating a safe and healthy school environment for all
- The care of all creation
- Being global citizens in dialogue with other religions and worldviews
- Being an active part of a global network at the service of the Society of Jesus
- Justice and Interculturality
Profile of a Graduate at Graduation (Grad @ Grad)
All graduates of Cristo Rey Atlanta Jesuit High School will be:
Open to Growth
More open to different points of view and new experiences while growing in self-knowledge and self-control.
- Intellectually Competent
Thinking critically and growing in curiosity to explore ideas and issues.
Communicating personally with God through prayer, both private and liturgical.
Trusting the love of God, family, and friends and putting love into action.
- Committed to Justice
Being aware of the need for social change and learning ways to advocate for the less fortunate.
- Work Experienced
Understanding what it means to be a professional; dependable, adaptable, ethical, and a team player.